Boys On The Run (2012)

Well, this is not new drama actually. I just seen it recently, actually finished it in one minute ago hahaha. And again I will write about this drama in English. Recently it become a habit of mine to write a post in English, I also do the same in my other account. Since English is not my native language, I'm sure there will be many incorrect grammar and spelling, like I always do. So sorry about that.

Jaa, in the first place I didn't plan to watch this drama. I already have to go to work, beside that there are a lot of dramas and movies that already listed in my waiting list. And yah, Ryuhei Maruyama (Kanjani8) brought me to watch this. To be the truth, I am not a fanatic fan of movie or drama that stared JE's idol in it. No offense. I just have my own favorite actress and actor. I prefer seeing some them on stage rather than in drama or movie. Well, although I admit that some of them really did great in their drama/ movie. Especially Ikuta Toma, haha he is basically actor after all, no wonder his act made me fall in love in the first sight. But well, for this drama I admit Maruyama-san really fit with the character *grin. I almost laugh for all of the episode.

Back to the topic, Boys On The Run is a drama that was adopted from manga that had the same title. Actually it had the movie version, but for this post I will talk about drama version that was aired in tv asahi in 2012. It has 9 episode, it's not that long to watch~

The story developed around a man named Tanishi Toshiyuki (Maruyama Ryuhei), despite his age in 27, he still didn't accomplished anything. Living without goal, and he even still a virgin (apparently in Japan it is a rare thing). He worked in a small capsule toy company. In that place he met Uemura Chiharu (Akina Minami) whom made him completely fall in love with. But he didn't have courage to confess to her. And he didn't even try. He really into por* video and s** call (sorry to censored this, I just didn't want my blog pop up because of a 'strange' keyword). He successfully asked a girl to go to l*ve hotel, but instead a beautiful and sexy woman, he get a scary woman. He got dragged to a room, but he didn't get energized at all. The woman ask him to leave, and of course Tanishi really happy about that. Seeing his expression changed from not happy to happy, the woman got upset and punch him. And off course Tanishi was chased by that woman. He accidentally drop his wallet, and a woman named Hana Ooiwa (Airi Taira) took it. She wanted to give it back to Tanishi so she chased after him, but Tanishi too scared to even look who was chased after him. He throw tantrum, reflex Hana punch him and Tanishi blacked out.

The next day, miracle happened Uemura suddenly talk to him. He even can go for a date with her. But things didn't go as smooth as he planned. Because of his cowardly character, he almost sacrifice Uemura to a gangster, luckily Hana who was really good at boxing was around that place, than she save Uemura. But after all of this accident Uemura still hooked to Tanishi, and they eventually kissed. 

In work, Tanishi was work in a small company which didn't have fighting spirit. They have a company rival called Mammoth. When Tanishi deliver the toy to the sop, he met one of worker that work in Mammoth, Aoyama Takahiro (Takumi Saito). And they became friend. Because of his naive and innocent character he always talked to Aoyama about everything, especially about his relationship with Uemura. In a mean time he also be friend with Shiho (Eriko Sato) Uemura's next door neighbor who always cheer up for him. 

Will Tanishi able to going out with Uemura? Or maybe there will another twist in the end? 

And well, that's the spoiler. I prepared the story longer than this, but if I do so then I will tell half of the story. Just enjoy it by yourself~

The main point of this story is about a man who still acted like a boy. He always running away every time he face a trouble. He didn't even try to sacrifice something in order to protect something important to him. He always run every time he in pinch. But, although that, he really has a kind heart. He always give his best to make other happy. In my own stand point, this drama is really worth to watch. It's true that the genre is comedy, but it doesn't mean this drama has lost its meaning. It teach us how to not running away in life because once you running away you will keep running away in your whole life. And without you noticed you will become a person who lost the meaning of life, the meaning of dream. Of course someday you will fail, but it doesn't mean your efforts is a waste. If you keep going on and don't run away, someday you will find your own way. And in that journey, it's important to be honest and kind to others. Although they maybe hurt you in past, becoming a forgiving is better than a spiteful person. So that even if you fail, you will be still winning.

This drama really got me. I almost run. I don't know if this is a good choice, but like Shakespeare said there's nothing good or bad, but thinking makes it so.

Well let's enjoy the drama~~

0 talks: